Youth Leadership Long Beach
Leadership Long Beach designs each
of its programs to impact all participants by developing their personal
leadership skills while introducing and explaining the most important
political and social aspects of the Long Beach community.
application deadline: June 21
Discovering the Leader Within
Program Description: A 7-month program for high school
sophomores and juniors designed to develop their leadership skills and to
heighten their sensitivity to the racial, social and cultural issues common
within the Long Beach community.
- Class Day Focus/Leadership Principle
- Orientation and Long Beach
History/Principled Leadership and
- Leadership Retreat/Integrity and Teamwork
- Healthcare and Public Safety/Commitment
- Education and Valuing
Relationships/Gratitude and Respect
- Class Project Trusteeship
- Cultural Climate and Diversity/Personal
- Closing Retreat and Graduation/Congruence
Click here for December 2008 Press-Telegram story on
a program day at City Hall.
here for Youth
Leadership Long Beach Speaks Up!
Class of 2010
here for YLLB Class of 2013 in
School News article
deadline: June 21
Leadership Long Beach Class of 2013